Unbelievably tasty and easy, these could very well be the pick me up you need with that cup of Lyons/Barry’s tea this week!
125g Plain Flour
½ tsp of vanilla essence
125g unsalted Butter (softened)
60g of Caster Sugar
Sprinkle of caster sugar for decoration ♥
Method ( Miss what do I do?)
- Preheat the oven at 160°c/ 325 F°/ Gas Mark 3.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and smooth using an electric mixer or wooden spoon if you need to extend your study break a little bit longer.
- Sieve the flour and the cornflour and mix with a wooden spoon until you form a dough.
- Gather the mixture together with your hands.
- Dust some flour onto your clean work surface and press it out using your fingertips until approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Dust your cookie cutter with flour and cut out the dough into individual shortbread biscuits
- Spread them evenly on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper!
- Place the baking sheet into the fridge for a while, roughly 20 minutes to cool.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for about 20 minutes or until a light golden brown colour.
- Allow to cool in the baking tin for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little bit of caster sugar on top then transfer your biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- As soon as shortbread is cold, store in an airtight tin.
Put on the kettle, scald the cup put in the Lyons tea bag, brew for 1 minute , add your milk, stir gently, feet up and enjoy a homemade biscuit made with care.
Treat yourself girls, you deserve it! ♥