© 7 reasons to include fish in your diet
- White fish contains no fat so it is suitable for low calorie diets.
- Oily fish contains polyunsaturated oil and omega 3 fatty acids which is suitable for low cholesterol diets and those at risk of a heart attack.
- Fish is easily digested which is suitable for elderly people, children, people who are sick or convalescing.
- Fish is sold at a variety of prices, making it widely available to all. Inexpensive and nutritious fish -mackerel and herring.
- Lacks carbohydrate and vitamin C- needs to be combined with foods rich in these
- Wide variety available and many cooking methods can be used, making it very versatile.Fish is available processed e.g. frozen, in batter, in breadcrumbs, in sauce which can make it convenient and also available when out of season.
- Contains HBV protein and is a good substitute for meat. Marine fish is rich in iodine which is needed for the functioning of the thyroid gland and prevention of goitre.
© 7 reasons to swap chips with a sweet potato option
1. They are high in vitamin B
2. They are a good source of vitamin C. While most people know that vitamin C is important to help protect against cold and flu especially during winter
3. They contain Vitamin D to helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth
4. Sweet potatoes contain iron magnesium and potassium
5. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet-tasting
6. Their rich orange color indicates that they are high in beta carotene vitamin A to help strengthen your eyesight and help us fight infections and are powerful antioxidants.
7. Sweet potatoes are versatile they can be include in a range of dishes and can be roasted, puréed, steamed, baked, or grilled to reduce the calorie content
Click here to see the Fish and Chips without the guilt recipe for next week ladies ♥